Adobe Commerce: Enabling Merchants and ISVs to Streamline Payments
Back in 2018, Adobe announced its agreement to purchase Magento Commerce for $1.68 billion. As a leading commerce software, the Magento solution enabled Adobe to expand its stellar cloud service offerings.
Magento’s cloud-based platform supported both B2C and B2B organizations with a number of top-notch features, including:
- Category management
- Client accounts
- Customer service
- International support
- Marketing tools
- Order management
- Product management
- Search technology
We’ll explore how Magento’s software evolved after becoming Adobe Commerce, and what benefits businesses and ISVs can expect from the new approach, especially when it comes to payments.
From Magento to Adobe Commerce: How the Platform Looks Today
Adobe has long been an essential software for businesses across industries. As a leader in content creation, marketing, advertising, and analytics, it’s only natural that the organization would add payments to its applications. Magento’s versatility was integral to expanding Adobe into payments. And, now as Adobe Commerce, the software has been integrated into the new platform, with several changes.
The first of which is the dependence on the cloud. Prior to its acquisition, Magento offered both on-premise and cloud platform options. With Adobe Commerce being included in the Experience Cloud, users can now tap into their payments data from anywhere—and sync with other Adobe applications. In other words, merchants and ISVs can leverage the vertical integration between the eCommerce software and other key applications, such as web development and video production. Having the same vendor for multiple functions simplifies the workflow and tech burden, too.
Adobe also enables users to take advantage of various payment integrations. This component makes accepting and processing payments easy.
The Top 5 Benefits of Adobe Commerce
There are many advantages to ISVs and merchants when it comes to using Adobe Commerce. The top 5 include:
- Personalized experiences – Merchants and ISVs can leverage the platform’s AI to create and deliver relevant promotions and recommendations to customers.
- Reach more customers – Omnichannel capabilities enable new ways to reach customers, either through enhanced marketing campaigns, merchandising options, or additional payment features. Reach can be extended to new locations and customer segments without leaving the platform with localized options.
- Extensive integrations – As one of the biggest software systems out there, Adobe supports hundreds of free and premium plugins.
- PCI-compliance — Security and compliance is critical for any payment system. Adobe Commerce not only offers high-quality security measures, but also PCI-DSS compliance.
- Enhanced data and analytics – Adobe Commerce enables merchants and ISVs to gain full visibility over their sales and commerce processes.
The Fortis Difference
As the leader in embedded payments, Fortis seamlessly integrates with Adobe Commerce, enabling merchants and ISVs to enhance their payments experience.
Our award-winning APIs and payment solutions provide unique, customizable payment pages, increased security through tokenization, and a faster and easier checkout process for end-customers.
Looking to get started? Learn more about how Fortis can accelerate your payments with our Adobe Commerce plugin.